Concorde's Sun Extender absorbed glass mat (AGM) deep cycle batteries are designed specifically for renewable energy systems. With AGM technology the battery electrolyte is absorbed between the battery plates by a very fine fiberglass mat. This gives AGM batteries the same non-spillable, low maintenance advantages of gell-cell batteries, but without the hassle of using a special charging voltage, or being easily damaged by overcharging.
The PVX-2240T stores 220 amp hours of power, at 6 volts. It can easily be used in 12 or 24V systems also, by connecting 2 batteries in series to provice 220AH at 12V or four batteries for 24V systems. Multiple batteries can be connected in parallel to increase the amp hour capacity of the battery bank. Golf Cart (GC2) group size.
Additionally, Concorde AGM batteries self-discharge (lose their charge in storage/while unused) less than conventional batteries. Gasses recombine almost 100% with the electrolyte, making them ideal for installations with poor ventilation, and preventing any dangerous accumulation of hydrogen near the battery bank.
Please note, web store prices of the Concorde batteries are for drop ship from the factory. Typically via palletized LTL freight. Prices at our stores will be higher to allow for shipping.
SUN-EXTENDER BATTERY DESIGN FEATURES
- Copper Alloy Terminals for improved electrical connections.
- No exposed lead terminals to improve environmental safety and health.
- Threaded insert terminals are recessed to prevent short circuits across battery connections.*
- New cover is flat top design. No protruding or exposed vent valves.*
- Built in lifting handles.
- Reinforced container walls to reduce bulging.
- High Impact Strength Copolymer Polypropylene Case and Cover.
- Completely Sealed Valve Regulated Construction.
- Immobilized Electrolyte Non-Spillable.
- Maintenance Free Design Never Requires Watering.
- Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Micro-porous Glass Separators retain electrolyte.
- Flame Arresting Pressure Regulated Safety Valves.
- UL Recognized Systems Component.
- Positive Plates - Proprietary Lead Calcium Alloy- Negatives Plates - Lead Calcium.
- Low Self Discharge Rate Approximately 1 % per month at 25 C (77 F).
- Operate over a Wide Range of Temperatures from -40 C (-40 F) to +72 C (+160 F).
- LTL freight shipping Class 70, UN2800, "Non-Spillable Battery" for Transport.
- Most Part Numbers comply with DOT HMR49, Non-Hazardous Materials.
*Threaded Insert "T" type Features.
IMPORTANT: Battery shipping charges are NOT calculated into your final checkout total. We will call you when we receive your battery order and confirm shipping charges over the phone. Click here for battery shipping disclosures.