The PV7D Dual battery bank controller (can also be used for just a single battery) is a cost effective shunting regulator designed for smaller 12V Solar Only applications with a maximum solar charging current of 7 amps. These controllers are easily expandable to handle charging currents from 30 to 500A. SES Flexcharge has engineered these controllers to be extremely efficient, accurate, salt water spray resistant, and very small (1.5" x 2"). It is Ideal for use in a marine environment. Use with Lead Acid or Gel battery technologies. Like the NC25A they also uses only 4mA to operate the circuitry. The PV7D controller is not for use with outboard motors.
The PV7D is an all solid state design using the highest efficiency components. All shunting type regulators must use a blocking diode in the charging path to block the battery voltage when the controller is regulating. No heat sink is required on the PV7D because small amount of heat that is generated in the high efficiency solid state components.
SES Flexcharge took great care to design the PV7D for long term unattended operation; extensive transient voltage protection; high steady state voltage protection (it is not affected by continuous charging input voltages up to 33V, the point where the transient voltage protection kicks in); fully sealed electronics for 100% humidity operation; etc. The PV7D is designed for Install and Forget operation.
The PV7D is simple to use and includes an easy to read Charge Indicator. The peak charge voltage is factory set so there are no user adjustments to contend with. System wire connections are made by connecting to the controllers four wire pigtails, either by soldering or on to a owner supplied terminal strip.
- Cost Effective charge controller for Photovoltaic charging sources.
- Reverse polarity protected (Fuse).
- Controls charging of two batteries at once.
- Precision Auto assembled using proven Surface Mount Technology.
- Hermetically sealed / potted electronics for use in high humidity and salt air environments.
- High efficiency components allows packaging in a very small enclosure. Case dimensions: 1.25in, 1.5in, 3.0in
- Safely Micro Equalizes Wet Cell Lead Acid and Sealed Gel battery technologies using the Energy State Taper Charge Process.
- Expands easily into a high amperage controller. Up to 500A charging capacity with a charging efficiency increase to 99.95%.
- All Solid State Design for extra long life and dependability.
- Factory Calibrated for charging lead acid and gel battery technologies. No user adjustments.
- Charging Indicator displays when the controller is passing charging current to the battery.
- Controller's circuitry eliminates back flow of current into solar panels during non charging periods.
- Full 2 year manufacturers repair or replacement warranty.
Made in the USA.