The EnCurrent in-stream hydro turbines are a revolutionary addition to the small-scale hydro power market. Their vertical-axis design prevents many of the installation hassles associated with other micro-hydro turbine designs. There is no need to build a diversion for a water inlet, or to install a dam or weir in the waterway, and no need to puzzle through the system design process to install the turbine.
Every EnCurrent turbine is sold as a complete "water to wire" package, including appropriate inverters for your system type. Grid-tie packages include a PowerOne grid tie inverter and wind interface*. Off-Grid remote packages include a PowerOne MultiMode interface inverter. (You can choose the intertie or off-grid package below.)
- Economic payback in as little as two years
- Low capital investment
- Minimal on-site engineering or construction required
- No fuel costs or associated handling, storage or transportation
- Low maintenance costs - easily performed by local technicians
Permanent Magnet Generator
- EnCurrent is a ?run-of-river? technology so water is allowed to flow naturally
- Units are ?fish-friendly? allowing fish to pass through the system unharmed
- Emission free technology
- Limited footprint with no dams, flooding, or stream alteration
- High efficiency permanent magnet generator
- Easy interconection for standalone, micro-grid and utility grid installations
- Easily operated in parallel for larger installations
*Wind and hydro turbines have the same basic requirements for charge control, so many wind and hydro accessories are interchangeable.
Learn more about choosing a site for your EnCurrent turbine by downloading our EnCurrent Siting Tech Note.